Double Kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, your skill growing Phrags. amazes me every time
you post. These two flowers are phenomenal. I tell myself
every time that it's the magic water on Gigha. ;>)
Is China Dragon going to bloom this year? I'd love to see
that beauty again. Great photos too.

Beautiful. The plant and spike are nice and compact. How much light are you giving it?

Would you be willing to mail some pollen to Canada? My kovachii is just coming into spike. It's quite tall. I'd like to get some of those compact genes. I'm not sure how I could repay you.

Would you be willing to mail some pollen to Canada? My kovachii is just coming into spike. It's quite tall. I'd like to get some of those compact genes. I'm not sure how I could repay you.

Compactness may be a developmental feature rather than genetic.

Manola said they are ending up with a lot of "compact" plants with successive generations at their operation (which is warmer, dryer, and sunnier than the type locality).

Funny, I haven't thought of my specimen as particularly compact. One spike is 13" long, the other is 14" (33cm & 36cm) in length.

The blooms are currently just under and just over 19cm from petal tip to tip. Fairly pronounced curving backwards unfortunately.

I think the spike on mine was closer to 18". It looked like this (this will be my first attempt at posting an image here):

kovachiibasement2.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

I think most clones recurve as the flower gets older. Mine did.

Yep, that spike is a lot longer than mine..! Gorgeous though.

Thanks. I selfed it and crossed it with andreettae and have lots of seedlings coming along. I'm still interested in some pollen, if you're willing.

Latest posts

Back