Don Wimber renamed Memoria Dick Clements v flavum, from old Oak Hill nursery

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pic is taken of the bloom in late day sunlight so it is sliightly over exposed.

The first time it bloomed I thought it was Memoria Dick Clements, but tag said Don Wimber. I just posted my MDC in another new post. Both originate from Oak Hill.

The plant has had a near green/yellow dorsal since first bloom.

So, do you think I should rename it as a MDC or keep it as an oddball Don Wimber?

I agree, it's definitely not Don Wimber. And while it's most likely MDC, it's also possible that it's another similar hybrid, but not actually MDC.

It looks like it was made with flavum besseae as a parent, though.

Many years ago, I got a Mem. Dick Clements from Oak Hill, and it looked just like this one. Unfortunately, it died -- I hope yours lives.

It's Memorial Dick Clements flavum. There are flavum Don Wimbers from EYOF stock, Woodstream displayed on at SEPOS, but they look like Don Wimbers.

It's Memorial Dick Clements flavum. There are flavum Don Wimbers from EYOF stock, Woodstream displayed on at SEPOS, but they look like Don Wimbers.

I agree with everyone , this does have the shape of a MDM , very very unlikely that it is a Don Wimber
maybe a very beautiful MDM breeding using besseae flavum . the folds at the edge of the dorsal may open more with more watering ?

Last edited:
Back