Dodyanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
Like to share this beautiful species. Got it about 1,5 years ago from Schwerter as young plant. It is very vigirous, like all the species from the subgenus. For me IT IS the First time, that i see that species in person in bloom. I was impressed by the flower size compared to the other species and the fancy coloration. Also the leaves are very showy.

IMG_20230209_112238_1.jpg
IMG_20230209_112216_1.jpg
IMG_20230209_112304_1.jpgIMG_20230209_112820_1.jpg

What a spectacular achievement, what a thrill to have your first time seeing a species occur with a plant you have raised successfully. Never seen a photo of those three together; thank you so much for sharing your pride and joy. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Love that group shot! They're all nice, but I'm partial to the victoria-regina, why doesn't it have its own thread!!?

Thank you all for your kind comments!
@NEslipper: mmh, it is in bloom since around 1,5 years, so I got used to the sight. Perhaps i showed it before!?🤔
@Just1more : left is victoria-reginae, top is victoria-mariae.

Thank you all for your kind comments!
@NEslipper: mmh, it is in bloom since around 1,5 years, so I got used to the sight. Perhaps i showed it before!?🤔
@Just1more : left is victoria-reginae, top is victoria-mariae.
To complete the family, may need liemianum/chamberlainianum, moquetianum and kalinae ;)?

To complete the family, may need liemianum/chamberlainianum, moquetianum and kalinae ;)?
That would be a phenomenal sight all together! Perhaps a challenge for future, but to get a real kalinae could be difficult. And primulinum must not be missing.

That would be a phenomenal sight all together! Perhaps a challenge for future, but to get a real kalinae could be difficult. And primulinum must not be missing.
Yes the primulinum var purpurascens!

Indeed kalinae is not easy to find so there’s a challenge for the future for sure!

Latest posts

Back