Do you think this is a fair price?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have the ability to check out and tell me what Orchid Inn WAS selling the following for? I was just offered these.

Liberty Taiwan B.S. in 4 inch pot $100
emersonii NBS in 2 inch pot $80

Thanks to everyone that puts in their 2 cents.

Last edited:
You can look through old versions of the site using archive.org but without knowing when they were last available you might have to dig for a while.

Those prices sound about right. They may have been $20 cheaper last time, but also one size smaller.

In 2020 Orchid Inn sold Liberty Taiwan for $95 and in 2019 emersonii for $50. Both were labeled as NBS in ~2.5" pots, but I labeled as seedlings. They were not and did not bloom within 18 months, especially not in my conditions.

I would want to see a photo.
How is a 2" pot NBS?
Pot size doesn't really say much.
You can have a blooming size of even multiple growths plant in 2.5 inch pot while you can also have a 10cm wide seedling in 4inch pot.;)
If you aren't sure, you always want to ask the vendor first to be sure.
Seeing a photo definitely helps. Unless I know the vendor and their typical quality, I never buy plants online.
I'd have to see what I'm getting so I don't have unpleasant surprises as some vendors are full of excuese and rudeness. Best to avoid!
So I usually only shop at the nursery sales, shows and online where photos of actual items are shown.

Unless it's a grower/seller you really know and trust (or you have the plant at hand to make your own judgement) almost always BS = Bullshit Size - NBS = Near Bullshit Size.
Well, is that how it is over in EU? Now you're making me uncomfortable about moving 🤣

Latest posts

Back