Do you like my work?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean

Reaction score
Hi all,
I know few people here know me - in real life, I am a lampworker - I melt glass rods and tubes in a flame to make stuff. I just entered a competition on facebook, and would love your vote if you like my work. There's loads of other lampworkers' work there too, so if you like theirs better, you can vote for that! The comp has just started, so loads more will be added in coming days. My name is Sean, and my piece is the gloriosa superba flower. Thanks for looking! :)

LINK

You don't appear to be a spammer, exactly. But this is a forum about orchids. You are probably in the wrong type of forum here.

Apologies - I didn't realise this forum was exclusive, and thought I had posted in a general discussion room. In fact the byline to the forum reads "Have a hobby besides orchid growing? Want to show us your critters? Post here", so I thought a) that would be ok, and b) people might be interested. As you say, I registered some time ago, and grow several species of orchid, but compared to most on here, my knowledge and collection are insignificant. Glass is what I am good at.

Hi Sean, I would like to see your work but I won't click
"LIKE" on a FB page to get to see it. Showing us your work this way makes it appear to be a scam to get more likes on a page. Why would I click the like button before I see something to like?
A better approach if you are sincere about why you joined SlipperTalk would be to post a direct link to your work here.
Otherwise don't be surprised if your post is seen as a scam to get "Likes".

I'd love to see something, too, but I am not goin to join facebook. Cn you show something here? Or a direct link to your photos somewhere else?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back