Diodonopsis erinacea 'Galaga' CCE/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago Chad

Reaction score
So I just wanted to thank everyone who supports my orchid cultivation and collection. This weekend I entered 9 plants for judging and I setup a tank for a display.

I took 5 ribbons and 3 best in class. One for the tank and 2 for my erinacea. My erinacea was awarded 91 pts for a CCE. This being my first award, I am quite pleased.

My tank was given a special recognition award as an educational display.

I really appreciate all the vendors on this site that have sold me plants and the others that trade with me. It wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I'll post some pics when I have them.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

It was perhaps premature to post without some pics. Here are my own pics that I took after the show. I lost a few flowers in transit. I think it was counted with 27 blooms and 14 buds. I will hopefully have the AOS photos sometime soon.
tc1l.jpg

p23n.jpg

07or.jpg

lnds.jpg

I grow it cooler than other people. 52-82F. Potted in Sphagnum with grow stone for drainage. This year it was fertilized with K lite at 1/4 tsp almost every watering. Grown under T5 bulbs in one of my terrariums.

Thanks Tom. Coming from you that means a great deal. Aside from being a great grower, I have always felt like you have very high standards and a great eye for plants.

Many people have not made the taxonomy or labeling switch yet with Masdies and Pleuros. It is fairly recent.

I keep this terrarium in a barely heated room in the winter. In the summer the low temps are about 64F. I also use a fogger with cooled water to help the temps throughout the year.

Eric- I am not sure. In SLC, we have a very few # of judges. Denver has a few more. She may be over there. I know faces better than names, because I haven't been here very long.

I keep this terrarium in a barely heated room in the winter. In the summer the low temps are about 64F. I also use a fogger with cooled water to help the temps throughout the year.

I forgot to congratulate you! Great growing, and interesting growing techniques! A CCE is an astonishing accomplishment. One most growers never achieve. Congats!

Back