Did this bud blast? Not sure what's going on here.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only ever experienced a bud blast on MF paphs and only after a stem and bud have fully developed and my little pac-man shape flower thing goes brown. Not really sure what's going on here. Help?
ab37244ce909a135defc8177eeb1ffbecf36d1ed.jpg

It looks blasted, sorry. It happens a lot to my vietnamense and acmodontum, too. Unfortunately I have no idea what causes it.

It looks blasted, sorry. It happens a lot to my vietnamense and acmodontum, too. Unfortunately I have no idea what causes it.
thank you so much for the confirmation! i've never had it happen so early and was really confused why the center was brown but the leaves and root system looked happy and healthy.

Sorry about the bud! I would cut it away as soon as possible to prevent any rotting in the crown. Beautiful mottling on those happy leaves, though!

Still quite a beginner but I've experienced bud blast on 2 paphs when my temps changed drastically... specifically a heat wave... i was not able to provide enough humidity to offset because I had already had my winter set up arranged

Latest posts

Back