• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Desperately ISO Iwanagara Apple Blossom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenRiot321

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m very much hoping to find Iwanagara Apple Blossom. It is an orchid with special significance for my mom, as it was the first orchid she ever grew, and it graced my childhood home and only died a few years ago.

I know it’s an older hybrid, but I’m hoping someone might have a plant or a division they’d be willing to sell me. Please let me know, as I’d be eternally grateful! Feel free to message here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks and cheers!

Jen

I'm sure I have one, equally sure I won't be able to find it until I put plants outside in the spring... If you haven't found it by then let me know.

Jen ---- make sure to go online to see the various kinds. Iwanagara Appleblossom is also known as Jackfowlieara Appleblossom (or Jkf. Appleblossum).

The results of the Appleblossom cross has quite a nice mix of variations. At least some of them are known to not have any or much scent at all (that's if scent matters to some growers). And there can be noticeable variations in appearance (shape and colour) among Appleblossom flowers from different cultivar plants.

Good luck Jen, I had a nice one that I killed a while back. Loved it and its scent as well.... Gorgeous Catt.

I recently purchased a particular cultivar of Appleblossom, and will show some pics of it ------ which had just finished blooming a couple of weeks or so ago. But started blooming on a different spike just this morning - first of the new batch of flowers opened this morning.

The attached pics are from the flowers that had just finished recently. Quite nice. Maybe you're looking for a particular kind of Appleblossom. I have even seen some pics online with pointy lips.

Attachments

• Jkf. Appleblossom_1.jpg
    Jkf. Appleblossom_1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Jkf. Appleblossom_2.jpg
    Jkf. Appleblossom_2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Jkf. Appleblossom_3.jpg
    Jkf. Appleblossom_3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Jkf. Appleblossom_4.jpg
    Jkf. Appleblossom_4.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 12
Hi all!

I’m very much hoping to find Iwanagara Apple Blossom. It is an orchid with special significance for my mom, as it was the first orchid she ever grew, and it graced my childhood home and only died a few years ago.

I know it’s an older hybrid, but I’m hoping someone might have a plant or a division they’d be willing to sell me. Please let me know, as I’d be eternally grateful! Feel free to message here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks and cheers!

Jen
I have one, I’m in VA where are you? Happy to let it go, since it means so much to you. Mine is younger than Southparks in a 5” pot. It has never been terribly prolific. I will virus test it, although it looks healthy. Let me know if you want it.

Last edited:
Back