Dendrochilum filiforme

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a cultural award waiting to happen LOL.
Thanks, Dr. Les. I think it may have gotten one from the Honolulu Orchid Society last year or the year before, but I did not look it up, so I did not want to mention. I don’t think it was AOS, although AOS judges the Ewa Orchid Society Show alternate years (normally our July show here). The hardest part is cutting off all of the old flower stalks after they are spent. Lol.

😍 Amazing! I wouldn't want to be the one counting the # of flowers for the award. o_O

Susan
Ha, ha, ha. At least as the plant owner I don’t have to do it. I’m pretty sure they count the flowers on an inflorescence or two, and then count, say, a quarter of the sphere, and then extrapolate from there. One cool thing about this plant is that the inflorescences are well distributed all around.
I can say that I sort of counted the inflorescences as I cut them off one time and there was somewhere between 500 and 600 inflorescenses as I recall.

Back