Dendrobium tetragonum var. giganteum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berthold

Reaction score
49122460982_62a1eebd32_o.jpg

Optimal temperature at flowering time is 10 to 15°C

Beautifull! 'Giganteum' is that for the flowers or for the plant itself?!

Kind regards, Jens

The plant itself is small
49127449723_86b31e3347_o.jpg

Jens, I like Your likes. I have 0.02% likes, You have 0.17% likes. What is Your secret to get it? :)

Berthold, that's not var giganteum. If it has a sweet scent it is tetragonum var tetragonum, if it has no scent or not much it is var melaleucaphyllum. Var giganteum has yellow spots and splashes on the petals.

Berthold, that's not var giganteum. If it has a sweet scent it is tetragonum var tetragonum, if it has no scent or not much it is var melaleucaphyllum. Var giganteum has yellow spots and splashes on the petals.
Yes, Mike, I have to agree, thanks.
I see the plant between melaleucaphyllum (80%) and tetragonum (20%), based on my available documents.

Was wondering how it would do in traditional Japanese/Korean Choseiran culture? I can’t get into D. moniliforme but THIS wild thing... where did you get it? How long have you grown? What are it’s humidity
I got the plants 6 years ago from a near by orchid nursery for 13 Euro.
Humidity is medium in pot culture, pine bark in clay pot with a moss layer on top

Back