Dendrobium parcum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello all

I got is today! I did not expect it to have flowers...hehe!! I love such surprises :D It has a weak fragrance of rose or something vegetative, I cannot describe it precisely. As you can see in the last pic there is a number of redish spots on the upper part of the lip (too difficult to photo :eek:)

Attachments

• dendrobium parcum.JPG
    dendrobium parcum.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 11
  • PC040014.JPG
    PC040014.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 11
  • PC040010.JPG
    PC040010.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 19
  • PC040011.JPG
    PC040011.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 17
neat little blooms!!! Jean

btw: the first pic shows the sort of thing that the young children, that did not beheave well during this year will receive tomorrow (dec. 6th) from 'Santa Claus' s helper :):) . Do you have this celebration in Greece too?
we call it: de Kleeschen an den Houseker, the german: Sankt Nikolaus und Knecht Ruprecht, french: Saint Nicolas et le Père Fouettard :):)

btw: the first pic shows the sort of thing that the young children, that did not beheave well during this year will receive tomorrow (dec. 6th) from 'Santa Claus' s helper :):) . Do you have this celebration in Greece too?
we call it: de Kleeschen an den Houseker, the german: Sankt Nikolaus und Knecht Ruprecht, french: Saint Nicolas et le Père Fouettard :):)

We celebrate Snt Nicolas, so everyone who has such name (men & women) celebrate their name (it's their nameday celebration)! I do not think their is a custom like the one you mention. :) Maybe in some vilages but I am not sure...:)

We celebrate Snt Nicolas, so everyone who has such name (men & women) celebrate their name (it's their nameday celebration)! I do not think their is a custom like the one you mention. :) Maybe in some vilages but I am not sure...:)

here the 'young' children (that beheaved well, and the others as well:)) receive lots a presents from parents, uncles and aunts etc for 'Kleeserches-dag' (the day of saint Nicolas), and even the older ones, those who staid young :)!!
When I was young these were the only gifts we received in december, no christmas gifts at that time!

Jean

Oh, I see!

We usually give each other gifts in new years day! So I guess we have the same customs but with difference in time...hehehe... :D

I am thinking of getting an orchid for my mom this year! Her name day is on new years day (for the local people). It'll be her first orchid...hehe and you all know how addictive they can be!!!! :evil:

... It'll be her first orchid...hehe and you all know how addictive they can be!!!! :evil:

My mom came to our society show this year in October (her first time) and bought her first orchid, a huge catt in bloom. Since then she's aquired five or six more orchids (one from me :D ). It's good to share the addiction. :rollhappy:

Back