Dendrobium officinale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the encouraging comments!

Is it fragrant?

I haven't been able so far to detect any scent.

But have found out that it is a plant widely used in traditionel chinese medicine and also online found several articles, where its possible medical propensities have been tested according to (western) Scientific standards. Due to this the plant in China seemingly is grown and harvested on a larger scale. As I'm a bit out of my comfort zone in respect to species, I have no Idea whether it's a common plant in hobby culture, though?

This message really got my attention, as I hate to miss out on things: I really can't guess, what was 'deleted' - and if it was done by Bertie himself, or maybe by the interference of a moderator....or....or....or.....????
Sorry, Jens.
Normally my posts are deleted by the administration before other users leave the forum due to violation of political correctness, but in this time I did it myself because my comment on the the wall of Your building was mentioned by somebody else before.
I wish your house and the orchids all the best.

Last edited:
I wish your house and the orchids all the best.

Thank you very much, Bertold! :)

I don't know, if you've noticed, but inspired by one of your posts, I'm now the happy owner of Den. vietnamense (the third plant from the flowering plant)! I'm very curious to see, whether I along the road will be able to make it flower... like you cunningly did with your plant!

Latest posts

Back