Dendrobium cruentum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Yay! finally, i can grow nigrohirsute dends successfully... :) this is a wild specie from Thailand.. has only 2 flowers currently (first blooming..).. I like members of this section because the flowers are very thickly-textured and are very long lasting.. But i think it is difficult to grow because it choosy about medium, like psychopsis... It is now in a small plastic basket with fern-root.. have to find me some more of these.. :D
dc.jpg

dc1.jpg

p/s: sorry for the small pics...

wow! I didn't really know dendrobiums could look like that! I currently only have one. I have shied away from growing them because I was told that they were picky and if not provided with the bright light they needed just forget it.

Can you tell me how you provide for yours since you are re-blooming?

Bluefirepegasus

NYEric, unfortunately i am not with it at the moment so i cannot smell it..

Bluefirepegasus, there are many sections in the genus dendrobium. This one is in the nigrohirsute section, which is closely allied to the nobiles. then you have the callistas, pedilonums, phalaenanthes, ceratobiums (spathulatas), latoureas, dendrocoryne etc... generally, dendrobiums need high light and small pots. they like their roots to be crowded.. i think you should do some reaearch to find out which section your dend is in. good luck growing! =)

Latest posts

Back