Dend sulawesienae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
I have a rough time getting the color of this one correct. I have tried a few times. :(
Dendsulawe.jpg

P6040006_edited.JPG

Ron,

Great color. How big are the flowers/plant? And what are the cultural requirements?

charlie c

charlie c said:
Ron,

Great color. How big are the flowers/plant? And what are the cultural requirements?

charlie c
I don't know how big the plant will eventually get, for it is still young. Right now, the longest cane is a little over a foot long but it is blooming off the two shorter, leafless canes. This one is still in it's 2.5" seedling pot. Some sun, 1/2 day. I run it dryer in the winter but I don't give it a total dry rest. The flowers are 1.5" across. I grow it intermediate (I grow everything intermediate :D )

That's beautiful, Ron. I had one and lost it. I felt so bad because it was so different and such beautiful color. Mine did not get to be a very big plant. I had it on my deck last summer, I guess it didn't like it there.

I believe the correct species name for "sulawensiense" is D. crepidum, though I am not a taxonomic authority. Nice flower. I picked up several of these

Leo Schordje said:
I believe the correct species name for "sulawensiense" is D. crepidum, though I am not a taxonomic authority. Nice flower. I picked up several of these
Thanks Leo it is a mistype in my collection inventory and I have perpetuated it.
crepidum or crepidiferum ???

Great! Mine hasn't bloomed yet....even though its quite a bit larger than yours. Conditions seem to be the same...oh well...just have to be more patient, I guess....Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
Great! Mine hasn't bloomed yet....even though its quite a bit larger than yours. Conditions seem to be the same...oh well...just have to be more patient, I guess....Take care, Eric
I found out they like lots of light -- the more, the better, it seems. Contrary to what I've read about it.

I give it lots of light...its outdoors now, placed with Catt's....gets a few hours of direct sun, shaded by trees the rest of the day. Winters its in my window greenhouse, getting a few more hours of direct sun. Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
I give it lots of light...its outdoors now, placed with Catt's....gets a few hours of direct sun, shaded by trees the rest of the day. Winters its in my window greenhouse, getting a few more hours of direct sun. Take care, Eric
And lots of water?

Lots of water now....not as much during the winter...watered maybe 1-3 times a week....outdoors, just about everyday...The plant itself lkooks really healthy, and has new growths coming up....Take care, Eric

Thanks.....I'll keep my fingers crossed. Its certainly a fast grower...just got it as a small seedling from Dennis D'Allesandro about 3 years ago....Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back