Den stratiotes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done! Nice blooms. I never had a good luck with this type of dendros, so only nobile type for me...!

I am no expert, but from what I have figured, they enjoy bright light, strong air movement and high humidity. The biggest problem is they become huge! I hang mine high in the greenhouse with the vandas, and ignore them. They flower continuously the whole year round. It seems that they don't have a fixed flowering season, they mature a spike, flowers develop, and before they are done, another spike starts from the same cane. As a result they start to look a bit untidy with a multitude of partly finished flowering spikes sticking out in all directions.

Thanks a lot for the growing info Trithor.
It seems that they sart wilting for me after the growing season.
Perhaps much more water than they can handle or too few?
There is something I am doing wrong definitely.
Nobile types on the other hand, do not have any problem at all with the excess watering, so they are much easier for my conditions.
And they produce flowers too... :) hehe

I temporarily grew one of these for a while until a friend could come get it. I had no problems growing it or getting it to bloom during the year I had it. Don't know what I did really. And I don't have a greenhouse.

Latest posts

Back