Den glomeratum X cuthbersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrueNorth

Reaction score
This one is from Ecuagenera.

Glomeratum_Hybrid.jpg

That is nice. Do you think it will need a dry cool period?

I keep it cool and constantly wet. I've had it for about 3 years, and divided it twice, so it's quite happy with those conditions.

nice colour.
Hope its easier to grow than cuthbertsonii

Thanks. I'm not sure if it's easier. It's growing with my cuthbertsoniis. You can see a bit of it's flower in the upper left corner of this photo.

cuthbertsonii.jpg

What's your temperature range and what is your water quality? I'm just beginning to be successful with some cuthbertsonii and have a few crosses of other Dend. species but not that...

I'm growing under lights in my basement. It's not insulated, so it's difficult sometimes to control the temperature, but I try to keep it above 12C in the winter and below 24C in the summer. There's not much variation during the day.

I grow them in NZ sphagnum in plastic pots and keep them very wet. I think water quality and quantity is the most important factor. I use tap water filtered through a Brita filter and flush them out twice a week. When I'm finished spraying them there will be an inch of water in the bottom of the tray, which I dump out. I don't let them sit in water. I don't fertilize them. There is a small fan about 4 feet away which runs 24 hours a day.

I'm growing under lights in my basement. It's not insulated, so it's difficult sometimes to control the temperature, but I try to keep it above 12C in the winter and below 24C in the summer. There's not much variation during the day.

I grow them in NZ sphagnum in plastic pots and keep them very wet. I think water quality and quantity is the most important factor. I use tap water filtered through a Brita filter and flush them out twice a week. When I'm finished spraying them there will be an inch of water in the bottom of the tray, which I dump out. I don't let them sit in water. I don't fertilize them. There is a small fan about 4 feet away which runs 24 hours a day.

Not fertilizer at all? Amazing.

you are a master!!!

Thanks.

It helps that the plants have evolved for my conditions. Most of the plants in the photo were grown from seed and many are second generation. Only the ones that can tolerate my conditions have survived.

Latest posts

Back