Den. canaliculatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Den. Micro Chip is a latourae-type, which tends to like more moisture and less light than the cane-type, so maybe that's a clue for you.

I suppose it's time for me to do some more investigation into the Latourae group if many of them like similar conditions as Micro Chip seems to enjoy. They'll fit right in with the paphs and phrags. I've read up on the group before (around the time I got the Micro Chip), but I also thought/assumed this particular hybrid was something of a cultural fluke.

Thanks for the tip! It's cool how much non-slipper knowledge we have on this forum.

I suppose it's time for me to do some more investigation into the Latourae group if many of them like similar conditions as Micro Chip seems to enjoy. They'll fit right in with the paphs and phrags. I've read up on the group before (around the time I got the Micro Chip), but I also thought/assumed this particular hybrid was something of a cultural fluke.

Thanks for the tip! It's cool how much non-slipper knowledge we have on this forum.
I don't think Micro Chip is a fluke -- rather typical, I'd say. Good luck, and let us know how you do with others.

I know this is an old threat. But I just got a Dendr. Berry 'Oda' and learned it has canaliculatum as one of its grandparents. I've searched a bit, and - wow! - canaliculatum is great! Must get one!

Latest posts

Back