Delenatii v. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TADD

Rootless Wonder
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just got a delenatii v. album from Norito Hasegawa yesterday. How do I keep from killing it. I have had bad luck with other delenatiis before. I use chc, charcoal, aliflor or dynarock, and spongerock. I had to get it, the price was way to incredible to pass up. I also got a Sugar Suite, and he is bringing me a few fairrieanums to Atlanta. I am not going (I think) my boss is.

So I need Culture and potting advise for this nice little plant. Thanks in advanced.
Tadd

I did not have success with delanatii until I changed my mix to something more like my phrag mix. My standard paph mix is CHC, spongerock, lava rock, and or prime agra, with a little charcoal. For delanatii I use fine bark, spongerock, and chopped sphagnum....unlike most other paphs, delanatii prefers an acidic mix. Since I started treating them more like phrags (minus the heavy watering) I have found delanatii to be very easy to grow and bloom. I'm sure that the album form has the same culture, but it may not be as easy to grow....I have no personal experience. Take care, Eric

I have a compot of delenatii fma album, and I've potted them in pretty much my standard paph compot mix; fine bark, chopped sphagnum, some perlite. They're growing nicely so far, but it's still too early to make very much of it.

- Matt

Mine have done fine in CHC mixes with additional chopped moss and live moss on top.

But Eric is correct that for a parvi it is an oddball that grows in acidic areas, and a bark based mix will help in that direction.

They also like more even and warmer temperatures (not the real cold ones like armeniacum and micranthum) than most other parvis.

They like high humidity with good air circulation and bright conditions suitable for Phals.

Paphman910

Latest posts

Back