delenatii (regular x dunkel)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
It is the second year to bloom. Bought in spike exactly one year ago.
It has a darker pouch than typical form but not quite as dark as dunkel.
The leaves look the same as typical form.
The first flower has been open for about ten days and the second flower opened about two says ago.
3279E9FB-4688-4466-8E65-AF5A0A1E19FF.jpeg

About one more month before harvesting the seed capsules on this half dunkel Paphiopedilum delenatii 😍
The top one was crossed with a very nice dunkel delenatii & the lower one with a rothschildianum. 🍀🍀IMG_0339.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there a reference guide on different species of paphs for pod maturity? I believe some take around 8-9 months.

Or do you just rely on color change?

Is there a reference guide on different species of paphs for pod maturity? I believe some take around 8-9 months.

Or do you just rely on color change?
There was a table where pod maturity time for different species (not all species) was shown in the unit of days.
In the past, I used that as a general guide but mostly go by my observations. I would wait until the pod is almost ready to pop open.
But then I heard from other members who harvest their green pods at 4/5 months mark with good results, so I snipped off a bunch of stuff at around 4 months mark this year for the first time.

Latest posts

Back