delenatii f. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
DE5D8346-2BF9-4160-9300-189DF6126F97.jpegA beautiful species from Vietnam Paphiopedilum delenatii fmr. album is a reliable early spring bloomer for me šŸ˜
A little blooming track record :
Two spikes bearing two flowers each in 2021
One spike bearing two flowers 2022
Three spikes bearing total of four flowers 2023

Last edited:
View attachment 39033A beautiful species from Vietnam Paphiopedilum delenatii fmr. album is a reliable early spring bloomer for me šŸ˜
A little blooming track record :
Two spikes bearing two flowers each in 2021
One spike bearing two flowers 2022
Three spikes bearing total of four flowers 2023
Gorgeous and great growing. What size is the pot?

It is in 3.75 square pot. It came in it with a mix of coarse perlite and orchiata chips.
It is now pot full and I intend to put it into a large pot once the flowers fade. :)

Lot of plant for that size pot. It obviously likes it!!
True. It has a total of seven growths.
At the time of purchase, it had one previously bloomed fan with two in spike.
Then, it bloomed with one spike last year.
Three this year! :)
Now no more room left for further growths and roots. After all, it must have spent at least five years in this same potting mix & pot.

Really beautiful alba delenatii. The whole plant and flowers. Very good it makes often two flowers per spike. Delenatii's scent is not strong, have you tried at different times of the day to notice any fragrance? Like many scented orchids, some scent early in the morning, some before noon, some in the afternoon, and some at late in the evening. But like my Brassia, it has a very pleasant fragrance and it is usually strongest in the morning till noon. When the flowers get older, they smell more or less the hole day.
When flowers do open, it always takes couple of days, before you notice the fragrance, but you know this, I think. šŸ˜Š

No, this one is not fragrant.
The fragrance on this species varies greatly from plant to plant. Some have none like this one.
My other delenatii album had pretty strong fragrance where you can walk by and smell the rose scent. and the scent is on day and night although stronger during the day.
Then, I had ones that had barely noticeable scent where you have to dive your nose into the flower to sense it's there. I believe this is more the norm, subtle scent.
I did self the very fragrant one so fingers crossed!!

I can say the same about malipoense. Some are not scented, some are only mildly scented and others are quite strongly scented.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back