Delarosi?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
A Vanda growing friend of mine was moving and didn't want to pitch this in the downsize. It wasn't tagged, but he was calling it Delophylum. Between the plant size and staminode shape I looks like Delarosi to me. The flowers are a bit wompy, but I've been pretty much ignoring this plant for the last year or so. I'm really surprised it even bloomed.

Yeah, it looks like a Delrosi to me too. What I usually do is put a "probably" before it on the tag though, since ethically I wouldn't want to breed with it. I've got more "probablys" this year than any other year.:mad:

Yeah, it looks like a Delrosi to me too. What I usually do is put a "probably" before it on the tag though, since ethically I wouldn't want to breed with it. I've got more "probablys" this year than any other year.:mad:

I agree. I wasn't really planning on doing anything with this plant, but before I do I'll check with the past owner. Once his memory is jogged he'll probably remember what it actually is and where he got it from (he rarely picked up noids himself).

A Vanda growing friend of mine was moving and didn't want to pitch this in the downsize. It wasn't tagged, but he was calling it Delophylum. Between the plant size and staminode shape I looks like Delarosi to me. The flowers are a bit wompy, but I've been pretty much ignoring this plant for the last year or so. I'm really surprised it even bloomed.

Very rich color

I agree!!!

Ramon:)

Back