deformed Phrag Jason Fischer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
I got this Phrag Jason Fischer a short time ago and it's flowers are rather deformed. Any opinions as to whether it is genetic or likely the stress of shipping while in spike? This is the second flower to open on the spike...the first flower was equally deformed but I was hoping that bud was just deformed from the stress, the bud that turned into this flower was barely in existence when the plant settled in.

I also got two other Jason Fischers at the same time and both of them turned out fairly well despite undergoing the same stress.

Here is the monster: (I didn't bother to try to get an accurate color since if the deformity is likely genetic it doesn't really matter how good the color is)
y7R836el.jpg

130uqKgl.jpg

rKumYyVl.jpg

Eq3YrzDl.jpg

Seems to me heat stress during shipping. I had a similar problem with a batch of besseae but the flowers where great the second time.

here is the whole plant picture:
7YLoIXCl.jpg

I looked at it with a magnifier glass and didn't see any signs of bug damage. Hopefully it was just heat stress from shipping. Here are some pictures of the other two plants that came with this one:
20Wmkjil.jpg

bE0gPk4l.jpg

I81zSxql.jpg

Latest posts

Back