Dear Mr. Jason Fischer....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
...hats off to you and OL.

I just received OL's shipment today. Thank you for the great plants.

Just to share with everyone else.

Here has the two plants I ordered, described as per invoice:

Phal. stuartiana var. nobilis - Pot Size: 4" (NOT In-Spike/In-Bloom)

phalstuVnob0509070622pm.jpg

phalstuVnob0509070621pm.jpg

Neofinetia falcata 'Gekkeikan' - Pot 1 growth (NOT In-Spike/In-Bloom)

neogekkeikan0509070621pm.jpg

2 growths with 3 tiny starts hiding under the lower leaves.

Ok now I have to go figure out how I can go fit these guys on my cramped grow table. lol

Thanks again Jason! :D

Great looking plants, Marco! Nice buys :) Those are unusual leaves on the stuartiana... I can't really tell from the pics; are they mottled like the typical variety? That's one of my favortite things about stuartiana. Gorgeous blooms, whatever the case may be. Nice yellow :)

- Matt

Matt - Yeah the phal. is variegated very slightly especially on the newer leaf. I do love the yellow and the plant is great. I've been looking for phal. stuartiana var. nobilis everywhere and OL was the only one that had it.

Jason - If i could bother you with a quick question on the neo. Just curious as to whether theres any way to influence the variegation?

Marco said:
Matt - Yeah the phal. is variegated very slightly especially on the newer leaf. I do love the yellow and the plant is great. I've been looking for phal. stuartiana var. nobilis everywhere and OL was the only one that had it.

Jason - If i could bother you with a quick question on the neo. Just curious as to whether theres any way to influence the variegation?

Marco if kept on the higher light side the variation is usually better.

Thanks John, Ron and Zach. John told me about the higher light before and so did Jim Rose. I just like to ask everyone cause maybe someone will say something different like Zach :arrr:

Marco,

Thanks for the purchase! I picked you the best I could find. That stuartiana seems to grow quite different than the regular form. The others I had were looking weak so I took them off the site until they recover.

With neos, variegation is increased with higher light. From now until fall, we get great new variegated growths on most types that have it. The only one to look out for are neos with actual white (not common) variegation, as they burn and turn red/purple easily with too much light.

Just a quick FYI for all of you, I have 200 neofinetia back-cross hybrids coming in from Japan next month. Darwinara charm back-crossed with neofinetia is one of the crosses that is showing major variety (pink to purple flowers, some large and some just the size of neos).

Best wishes,

Jason

Jason,

How many different crosses are you getting? We need more information. :)

I gave up on all of my Neo hybrids. They didn't respond to my growing conditions like straight Neo does. But if what you are getting are more Neo influenced, I might be interested.

Latest posts

Back