• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

DB

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see if DB will save my Paph randsii crown rot.
b8397f98466df6734b075c282375e297.jpg

212bfc3425b1317f4ddbc89bd6b95921.jpg

Rot is already inside of the crown. Probably water stay in there and not drying out

If water collected in the crown the leaf bases may be making a tight seal.
Look to see if the DB flowed down through the lower leaves. If not it might be a good idea to put a drop in the axial of each leaf. That way if the infection is progressing fast the DB will get lower faster if needed.

Rot is already inside of the crown. Probably water stay in there and not drying out
this is what I think ,as long as it stops the infection from advancing (downward) and killing the plant, the crown does not matter , the plant can still have new bud growths from the base . In fact when it lose the crown , the plant may produce multiple leads from the base , is this assumption correct ?
Could the paph & phrag experts confirm my guess?

this is what I think ,as long as it stops the infection from advancing (downward) and killing the plant, the crown does not matter , the plant can still have new bud growths from the base . In fact when it lose the crown , the plant may produce multiple leads from the base , is this assumption correct ?
Could the paph & phrag experts confirm my guess?

You are correct.
That is why I suggested applying more DB in order to insure the infection is stopped before it reaches the dormant buds in the lower stem and rhizome tissue. Those buds can grow and often do if the apical meristem is compromised.

Eric
Do you have any of the DB available? If not could you add me to your next request list? Thank you
Susan

Dragon Blood appears to work on one of my Phal. It's a novelty. It started losing leaves from the middle I applied DB and then I stopped watering. Very happy to see new leaf emerging.

7f6195efcc022cffa776a6643ae4a24e.jpg

0991729f8cfced19cdd5613ed9e7c575.jpg

Latest posts

Back