Darwin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it last year at the American Museum of Natural history here in NY. It was good, but not great. I found the stuff from Darwin's home and study to be the most interesting.....the other stuff was just models, recreations...nothing much original or alive. The iguana sleeps, there are a few other things...no tortoises. Its really for those who have an interest in Darwin himself. I definitely enjoyed it, but I kept feeling that it could have been better. Take care, Eric

I saw it AMNH and thought it was really good. Portrayed his life and work well.

I just finished reading his "autobiography" and have a much better understanding of how he came to be such a successful scientist and was so highly regarded, even by his hardest critics.

I saw it in New York. It was interesting but was not as high-powered as I expected. There was too much "fake" stuff. There was a book written to go with it that I read before I saw the exhibit. It is extremely well-written and all the exhibits are in the book as photos plus a lot of cool stuff that was not in the exhibit. I highly recommend the book. I have been a Darwinophile for many years (I have read "Voyage of the Beagle" four times) and I learned a number of new things from the book, written by one of the foremost Darwin scholars.

It is definitely worth seeing the exhibit just to see his notebook with the drawing of the epiphany moment. Unfortunately there is not a lot of other stuff worth a trip.

Ron

fundulopanchax said:
It is definitely worth seeing the exhibit just to see his notebook with the drawing of the epiphany moment.

While I later learned his tree sketch, the "I think..." page wasn't entirely original, I still got a thrill out of seeing it. I'd love to get that on a t-shirt.

Back