Dan's Collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My house was broken into in April, and my computer (with all my photos on, records, etc.) and camera were stolen! A bit of a bugger really!:mad:

The Disas are grown in a mix of perlite and live sphagnum, or peat and perlite, sitting permanently on a flooded gravel bed (the water levels go about 1 inch up the pots). They are fed with low phosphorus fertiliser all year round (balanced N and K). Both the red and pink uniflora are coming into flower now, as is the aurata. The Carmine variant is later than the others usually to bloom.

Dan

My house was broken into in April, and my computer (with all my photos on, records, etc.) and camera were stolen! A bit of a bugger really!:mad:

The Disas are grown in a mix of perlite and live sphagnum, or peat and perlite, sitting permanently on a flooded gravel bed (the water levels go about 1 inch up the pots). They are fed with low phosphorus fertiliser all year round (balanced N and K). Both the red and pink uniflora are coming into flower now, as is the aurata. The Carmine variant is later than the others usually to bloom.

Dan

Were there horror stories from peoples that the thieves only took the orchids and nothing else?

OMG! Someone stole my camera, [probably maint. people who slipped in when I was leaving door open for a girl! :mad:] but it was broken so all I did was laugh. If someone stole my Pk hybrids though!! :viking:

Thanks. They've not touched the orchids yet, so it's not too bad! Just very irritating with the computer, as it had all my records and pics on it - you know what it's like when you try and keep a record of blooming times/numbers, etc.

So I bought lots of orchids to compensate myself!

Dan

That is a bit sad Dan, but it is a chance of a new start!!! I think you did ok with buying more orchids...;)

Latest posts

Back