dalessandroi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JDY

dalessandroi., besseae or Jersey
I bought this plant at our show last spring & was told it was absolutely dalessandroi.
What do you think?

Attachments

• dale new.jpg
    dale new.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 49
  • dale new 1.jpg
    dale new 1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 43
Hmmm, lots of opinions here, Kyle would know better than I but I don't think it's straight dalessandroi; unless you got it from Dennis. Welcome to the forum, from NYC!

I have 2 from him that haven't flowered. When I look at the type photos, the plant is different than what Dennis has shown. I wonder if his come from a different [mixed] population? If so, then who sent in the orange, downward swept petal plants!?

I really wanted to breed it to my Beauport 4N but I want to know what it is. The plant its self has a 20” leaf span & the flower is 8cm NS

If you look at the photo of the plant you can see a small new growth that has a spike that branched. I don’t know what was on the end of the spike it looked like little buds but they all dried up. Here is a better photo before they dried up to bad. I don’t know what the little things hanging off the little buds are, its not roots.

Attachments

• little buds.jpg
    little buds.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back