czerwiakowianum & reticualtum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trimorph

Reaction score
Hello,

today I got two Phrag divisions, czerwiakowianum and Phrag reticulatum.

But because I was not sure if the names are still correct, I searched in the web and I found different informations about it.

czerwiakowianum:
The first one is that Phrag. czerwiakowianum is a var. of boisserianum (also sold as that at ecuagenera) but I also read that czerwiakowianum, var. czerwiakowianum and boisserianum are completely the same.
What is true? Where should be the difference? Because I had also the option to get a boisserianum division. But because of limited space and the infiormation that they should be the same, I decided only the take the czerwiakowianum. A mistake? should I have taken both :confused:

And about the Phrag reticulatum I read that it is also very close to boisserianum, but never the less it is a accepted as a independent species. And on the other hand, in the moment you can buy flask of reticulatum in germany as Phrag. longifolium var. reticulatum :confused:

Can you help me to clear this out?

Tobias

Ps: hope my english is ok

Hallo Tobias,
czerwiakowianum and reticultaum are varieties of Phrag. boissierianum.

The name Phrag. longifolium var. reticulatum is nonsense and the seller has made a mistake or knows nothing about the genus. (hat scheinbar keine Ahnung von Phragmis).
The differences between the typical form and the varieties are little but possible to notice.
Here a typical Phragmipedium boissierianum

PhragmipediumboissierianumPeru.jpg

Here Phrag. boissierianum var. czerwiakowianum

PhragmipediumczerwiakowianumAchentalFront.jpg

and Phrag. boissierianum var. reticulatum

PhragmipediumboissierianumvarreticulatumBlte2008a.jpg

Best greetings from Bavaria

Olaf

Hi Olaf,
Hi Heather,

thank you verry much!
that helped me a lot!