Cypripedium tibeticum in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief, how did I miss all this excitement? It certainly wasn't lack of "balls", since the word "orchid" is Greek for "testicle", I think I'm fairly well covered in that respect. I applaud the efforts of TheLorax to stop the illegal importation of the cyp. Perhaps the most useful thing in this thread is the link to the eBay notification page http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...selection.html
I have quite a bit of experience with eBay, having sold 15,000 or so items on there during my postgraduate training years, and have found them to be very responsive to reports of illegal items for sale. Having just finished Eric Hansen's book "Orchid Fever", I would not be comfortable trying to deal with the CITES police, but that is just my opinion. Eric's suggestion of posting a question to the listing, which would be seen by all potential bidders, is also an excellent idea. I do think this is a way that all of us could make a real impact on orchid conservation.

Eric Hansen's "Orchid Fever" and Susan Orlean's "The Orchid Thief" were both immensely entertaining and filled with many insights into orchid world personalities and politics (not to mention juicy gossip). If any of you guys haven't read them yet, I highly recommend them both.

Back