Cypripedium subtropicum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is seedling, not made in a laboratory, but sown directly in nature.

No, my contribution is very well thought out.
I'm afraid you just don't understand what nature really means for human existence.

Did you elect Donald Trump too?

You’re old and will die soon and for you to make such a glaringly thoughtless statement shows how you heinously you have lived. To lose one form of life is to lose our own. Is that inevitable? Perhaps. But to reach such an advanced age as yourself and to express such callous, cavalier dismissal regarding the total eradication of an apex predatory organism is deeply appalling. Have you read nothing of value over your 8 decades? Is there an iota of humanity in you? Be ashamed. And don’t you ever accuse me of doing other than praying every day for Trump to be struck down by lightning.

Because polar regions existed long before the polar bears and they took no harm.
Yes, I agree the Ice will exist without polar bears, but not for long due to man. Your post is simplistic, self-serving, and one sided. VN highlands exist before canhii, and now it's gone. We all can agree subtropicum has not be propagated by man. IF it could you would see flasks and seedlings for sale. BTW, vegetative propagation is good but it still means plants were taken from nature, something that is known to not work in the long run.

We all can agree subtropicum has not be propagated by man. IF it could you would see flasks and seedlings for sale. BTW, vegetative propagation is good but it still means plants were taken from nature, something that is known to not work in the long run.
Eric, believe me, I have invested a lot of time and money in cultivating Cypripedium subtropicum. I now know very well what the problems with culture are.
Solving them is possible in a laboratory environment, but very time-consuming, so that no one has really been interested in it so far.
I consider the culture in the garden to be almost impossible without the micro-life environment from the original location of the species.

In the other points I do not agree. Perhaps a City apartment in New York is not the right place to survey the conditions in the polar regions of our planet.

No one where they come from can propagate them in a laboratory. If you have them where you are, guess what? Stolen. And regarding a survey of polar regions, just like burning forest in the Amazon, melting ice caps are definitely a problem. Unfortunately, as stated in the movie The Matrix, 'humans are a virus", we are the fastest growing species and the one that affects the planet the most, so far negatively.

... we are the fastest growing species and the one that affects the planet the most, so far negatively.

Yes, that's right, but I don't feel justified in killing or sterilizing other people so that they don't spread so quickly.
Against viruses, insects or raccoons for example, I feel justified, even with polar bears, if they come into my garden and want to eat me.
Please give me a hint if my considerations are too simple for you.

Yes, that's right, but I don't feel justified in killing or sterilizing other people so that they don't spread so quickly.
Against viruses, insects or raccoons for example, I feel justified, even with polar bears, if they come into my garden and want to eat me.
Hint. 🙄

In all circumstances you mention, which I actually have been thru, bears, not polar, we took medicines, captured and relocated, or chased away. You justify your actions however you want, at some point, you may be the only person with live subtropicum ,but let's see for how long.

In all circumstances you mention, which I actually have been thru, bears, not polar, we took medicines, captured and relocated, or chased away. You justify your actions however you want, at some point, you may be the only person with live subtropicum ,but let's see for how long.

Modern mankind does not need medicine made from bear paws. We have a microbiological high technology also based on genetic engineering.
Grizzly bears only serve some people for mental edification, not for physical health or to earn more money.

Latest posts

Back