Cypripedium subtropicum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cypripedium subtropicum singchii ( the father from Ms Chenyi from Peking )

Last edited:
sutropicum is sprouting now , Thai Nguyen ( North Viet Nam )

Attachments

• Sub2.jpg
    Sub2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Sub1.jpg
    Sub1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
subtropicum in Nursery , south Vietnam

Attachments

• Subtropicum.jpg
    Subtropicum.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 26
All of them are digged out from wild and will die.So called" nursery" will kill all plants and sp. will extinct forever.I don' t understand: these plants are growing there in forests.Why don' t they use collected seed-pod for breeding.Maybe they should start a project to set back young plants into the wild.

All of them are digged out from wild and will die.So called" nursery" will kill all plants and sp. will extinct forever.I don' t understand: these plants are growing there in forests.Why don' t they use collected seed-pod for breeding.Maybe they should start a project to set back young plants into the wild.

Yes, many Vietnamese are painless and ruthless. They are not so interested in their nature.

Cypripedium subtropicum seedling can you by in Germany.

I strictly recommend to delete this whole thread.
Hakones propaganda for illegal plant culture in Vietnam is not a win for the image of this forum.

The problem is not a seeling but a substrate.
All plants have been alive for 3 years

in the garden subtropicum Lover . During the break period, temperature must be below 15 degrees

Attachments

• 91199492_231020051605830_434072768145784832_n.jpg
    91199492_231020051605830_434072768145784832_n.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 28
I stand with Berthold on this. These are wild plants that do not survive in culture. Responsible culture would involve seed pods only and the progeny raised would maybe be growable. As far as his comment on Vietnamese people, I do not believe he was speaking “racially,” as Vietnamese is a nationality and not a race. The race would be “Asian.” And all he’s really saying is that poor people anywhere will exploit their resources. It is we who are to blame by creating and maintaining the hungry market for such plants.

I stand with Berthold on this. These are wild plants that do not survive in culture. Responsible culture would involve seed pods only and the progeny raised would maybe be growable. As far as his comment on Vietnamese people, I do not believe he was speaking “racially,” as Vietnamese is a nationality and not a race. The race would be “Asian.” And all he’s really saying is that poor people anywhere will exploit their resources. It is we who are to blame by creating and maintaining the hungry market for such plants.

Did you buy the plants ?

These are wild plants that do not survive in culture. Responsible culture would involve seed pods only and the progeny raised would maybe be growable.

Do you have evidence or is it just a Claim ?

I do not believe he was speaking “racially,” as Vietnamese is a nationality and not a race. The race would be “Asian.”

Racial harassment means that someone is bothering you, threatening you or treating you unfairly because of your perceived:
race
colour
ancestry
place of origin
ethnic origin
creed
citizenship.

The Ontario Human Rights Code

Last edited:
Hakone is criticized here because he makes propaganda for illegal plant culture, which destroys nature, not because he is Vietnamese, Catholic, homeopath or something else.

Yes, it is true.But out of flasks all of plants die.The main thing i d like to point the recultivation plants into the forests.In UK there is a project that works very well.Many of plants were recultivated successfully into the willd , mainly cyp. calceolus and henryi.

Did you buy the plants ?

Do you have evidence or is it just a Claim ?
No I did not buy these illegal poached plants and no I do not find the statements made herein you be racist. I would say the same to a German or British grower. The fact is that these plants are only sourced from vulnerable wild populations.

Racial harassment means that someone is bothering you, threatening you or treating you unfairly because of your perceived:
race
colour
ancestry
place of origin
ethnic origin
creed
citizenship.

The Ontario Human Rights Code

Hakone, You forgot to post Your Cypripedium tibeticum pot in this thread.

Latest posts

Back