Cypripedium subtropicum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the hunt is controlled and you have to have buy a permit. You can't just go out and shoot all the deer you see. In many states you do not need a license to hunt on your own land, but most hunters are responsible because they want to have sustained deer populations, hence continued ability in the future to hunt. Deer populations in many areas were basically wiped out during the 1930's, so we learned the hard way what effect uncontrolled hunting (albeit to stay alive during the great depression) can do. We HAVE to respect our wild populations, or risk loosing them completely. No one wants that do they? Even in Vietnam?

That is really a sad opinion in my experience. If you think you have that right, you really don't care about the lives of future people (or your own children even), and why laws protecting land use and animal management are so very important. Or you are just looking for an argument.

Sorry, You don't understand, what I mean. I am familiar with hunting and have all necessary licenses. But I don't kill animals for fun only.
The government of a country alone decides, what is allowed to their people. An American has no right to prescribe anyone in Vietnam what to do or to leave, also the other way round.
Every nation has the right to destroy its own country in whatever form.
No country would dare to stop the USA from destroying its natural resources except Greta Thunberg.

Dear Shairea.Thanks, you wrote everything what I wanted.I think every people have responsibilty to save our natural envirionment for the next generation.As I dont run into forests here to dig out orchids I can expect for other peoples all around the word.Fortunately there are many orchids excint from wild but arteficial propagation is successful and sp. saved for future, futhermore there are more attempts to set them into original habitat.( eg. cyp. calceolus in England, Cattleya maxima in Equador).I think responsibility is frightenly high in the case of suptropicum, because this species is very hard to grow from seed, almost impossible.So if these guys destroy all the populations in the nature, species will lost for the future forever.

Berthold, I think not everbody of the members from all around the world understands your strange kind of humor. It's another situation than in your own forum.

Anyway, your absolutely right, every accepted nation reins her own territory with everythin what's there...living or dead material. On the other hand there are things too, which concern the entire mankind and these things can't be only under laws of one country/nation but under protection of the entire mankind i.g. saving endangered species from extiction or stabilisize (I don't say save) the world's climate (whatever this means).
But another fact comes in my mind, almost all of us live in contries which have a certain kind of prosperity. I don't know the situation in Vietnam (never was there) but I think it isn't a rich country, especially for people who live in ruaral zones. I won't judge too hard about people who sell digged plants to fill their plate by the money they earned but I can't understand people-single persons as well as industrial companies- who destroy endangered natur to make profit.

Last edited:
Dear Guru, I don't judge poor people in Vietnam but I really don t like behavor of the government there.I think it must be few seriously protected area for saving rare species and government must do everything for conservation, propagation or setting back the extincted species into their habitat( eg. vietnamense disappeareed from most of old habitats but I never heard about the conservation of this slipper in the nature)

Every part has its' place.

Nearly every part has its' place.
I really don't need this Coronavirus and there are a lot more unwanted living beings.
I like polar bears, but I don't really need them really.

Last edited:
Nearly every part has its' place.
I really don't need this Coronavirus and there are a lot more unwanted living beings.
I like polar bears, but I don't really need them really.
Everything has it's purpose. Even though you don't need them, how do you know Polar bears are not necessary

Dear Guru, I don't judge poor people in Vietnam but I really don t like behavor of the government there.I think it must be few seriously protected area for saving rare species and government must do everything for conservation, propagation or setting back the extincted species into their habitat( eg. vietnamense disappeareed from most of old habitats but I never heard about the conservation of this slipper in the nature)

Istvan, I agree completely and I didn't claim that you judge poor people. The issue you are talking about seems to be a generally problem of (some) Asian countries. Once again I never visited one Asiann country (only countries in Central America and the Caribbean) but I was told by friends who visited Thailand and Laos that there also orchids and other endangered species have been traded at the side of the road in some regions. Maybe Werner Freitag knows more about that issue.

Last edited:
What a simplistic, self-important, juvenile statement.

No, my contribution is very well thought out.
I'm afraid you just don't understand what nature really means for human existence.

Did you elect Donald Trump too?

Last edited:
I think it is my last comment here.Hakone, you post digged out plants day by day.We try to set some light in your brain that it is maybe the begining of something bad process.All plants you posted are wild collected plants.Only two persons all around the world who can propagate them.Albiflora in Belgium can propagate them from seed but never can get through and all plants dead after deflasking.Wenquig Perner has good results, he can get through deflasking, he has several plants, 2 or three years old REALLY seedlings.All you told here are just lies.Stop it please.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back