Cypripedium subtropicum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful. It seems they are outside - can you share any more information about their growing conditions? Temperatures Summer and Winter? Any extra watering or overhead protection?

alex

Sorry, I think these data are not available.

Getting confused by which species we are talking about now, subtropicum or wardii?

As far as I know, nobody has been successful growing either adult wild collected specimens of subtropicum, nor seedlings once deflasked. Everyone I know who has tried has failed. As for wardii, I know of a few people who have grown these on in their gardens for a number of years, but I'm unsure of their long term fate. I saw two plants growing at Hengduan Biotech's Cyp nursery in Huanglong, but I'm not sure what happened to those plants either. Certainly not an easy species to grow.

Damn...breeding has been successful by Albiflora but all of plants died within few weeks out from flaks.

You can keep it running in a sterile surrounding, but that is a big job. Otherwise You need the original mycorrhizal fungi and You have to keep it alive.
But I think it is not yet tested. Who pays for that?:)

Getting confused by which species we are talking about now, subtropicum or wardii?

As far as I know, nobody has been successful growing either adult wild collected specimens of subtropicum, nor seedlings once deflasked. Everyone I know who has tried has failed. As for wardii, I know of a few people who have grown these on in their gardens for a number of years, but I'm unsure of their long term fate. I saw two plants growing at Hengduan Biotech's Cyp nursery in Huanglong, but I'm not sure what happened to those plants either. Certainly not an easy species to grow.
I wonder if anyone has tried using subtropicum pollen in crosses w/ other spp?

I wonder if anyone has tried using subtropicum pollen in crosses w/ other spp?
subtropicum pollen on wardii should work. But it can be difficult to get subtropicum pollen in China at the moment due to corona restrictions. You should have a look in norther Vietnam for that in the next 3 month.

You can buy adults plant from North Viet Nam or seedling ( deflasked Size ) from Germany

Attachments

• IMG_2924.JPG
    IMG_2924.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2925.JPG
    IMG_2925.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
This is not aimed at anyone in particular, however, please do NOT buy any adult plants of this species no matter where you get them from. ALL are wild collected, and at this rate the species will extinct not only in the wild, but everywhere since nobody is growing it successfully long term outside its native range. One thing I cannot back up with direct information is whether folks in either China or Vietnam are growing them successfully. I sincerely doubt all but a few are, and again there is no clear evidence of it. Needless to say, buying plants online via all the usual auction platforms is the surest way to help drive this species into extinction. Please don't.

If you don't buy the plants, they will be thrown away after 1 month.

And the result ?
What you are showing here is a serious violation of international laws and rules.
But in this regard, the Vietnamese seem to be completely painless and only looking for additional income.

it will be installed to find a substrate for subtropicum.
It is a cohort study, seeling and adults in the same soil

Photo is from nursery in Nothr Viet Nam . " You need the original mycorrhizal fungi "
who said ?. Does he have evidence or is it just a guess

Attachments

• 82001425_1332416310252460_5111055479316938752_n.jpg
    82001425_1332416310252460_5111055479316938752_n.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You can buy adults plant from North Viet Nam or seedling ( deflasked Size ) from Germany
What is the price for these plants. I guess selling is illegal, but Vietnamese don't care.
Hakone, can You smuggle the plant to Germany?
What is Your personel profit?

Latest posts

Back