Cypripedium subtropicum line drawing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeessus Chr....st Boys.. Wish you lot would calm it down.

If my sister (a day care lass) was here, she'd be sending you all to the naughty corner.

Please, lets all accept our differences, move on and start afresh.

Brett

ps.Lets see where thing go with Subtropicum, get this thread back on track. It seems there are more plants in China sellers and people claiming to grow it are to be believed. OK, wheres it coming from, how to grow and can we get it out legally?

Brett

whats wrong with you Brett :pity:
whats wrong with us.
its just a joke beside the serious question,
which up to now nobody was willing/able to answer.

Pls be patient folks.
There is combined power of experts knowledge in this forum,
and soon you will get your answers, hopefully.

(xxxxxxx) some part deleted.

cheers

Yes Dieter,

I know how you are poking at here. Yes, I know the person you mean. But I judge people by how they treat me and he has been fare to me. YEs, he can charge on some items. Why, I have never asked. You know what, I have seen plants at phenomenal prices sell in Asia. Guess some folk have too much money and less sense.

You an I both know that somethings are not always what they seem. I have seen plants that are supposedly near extinct pop up for sale here in Thailand. Subtropicum I suspect is the same when you look at the area it comes from and that most people are not allowed in to those areas.

Hey, I have a sample of subtropicum seed sitting in my fridge if someone can go do a genetic test. Either that or we can see what comes if the seed I have in flask now with someone in the USA. Might be a long wait though :D

OK, well you guys can biff it out :sob:

Brett

Hi Dieter

I have known you a while via emails, you have been a good friend that way though we have never met. I do hope we an meet sometime if I can get out of Oz again to the EU in a few years. I will stand up for you to say that when you believe something is right, you say so.

Conviction can be a positive thing for all, but humility too. This is aimed at no one in particular, but humilty serves well. I have not delved into this tiff, but hope we can see peace soon on all side.

Now that enough outa me.. I have wasted half the say on emails, orchid forums etc, and need to prep some lessons for 50+ students I have to face tomorrow who dont give a toss about some obscure plant in the Himalayas :rollhappy:

Brett

An interesting species. I hope we will have it in collections one day..

I was sent some seed from China as a gift and sent it to a friend in the USA for flasking. It has germinated, but waiting now for leaves to be produced.

My friend who sent it from China, says he intends to try to cross his plant with warm growing species from America and Asia. He is also trying to flask propagate it. I hope he succeeds.

Brett

Hy do we speak about subtropicum or singchii. For me it is not 100% sure that it is the same kind. If you look at the drawings.
And the location so much I heard is the location where they have found singchii growing together with this big kind of henryii.

On which medium did your friend was able to get growth and which conditions, this would be very interested. We failed on some seed now 3 differnet growers on 5 different media, and we are running out of seed.

So please help if you can.

Hello,

had to remove it.

The other net did not want to post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back