Cypripedium subtropicum from in vitro production

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berthold

Reaction score
A new culture attempt with non symbiotically produced seedlings.
The multishot seedlings point to application of hormones in the flask medium.

30531556181_41f2ae4951_o.jpg

30531556161_5e4bfb61e9_o.jpg

I think the key is the appropriate soil. Mine is slowly declining, I ve been keeping it alive for 3 years but smaller and smaller.However climate ( temp, humidity) is right. Maybe Mr. Canh can write few words about soil where he found this wonderful sp.

Mine is slowly declining, I ve been keeping it alive for 3 years but smaller and smaller.

Yes, that is the normal way of this species in an non mycorrhiza surrounding.
I hope that this seedlings produced without fungi are doing better, but I don't know jet.

Yes, that is the normal way of this species in an non mycorrhiza surrounding.
I hope that this seedlings produced without fungi are doing better, but I don't know jet.

Yes, but you can keep this symbiosis if you know the soil where plant originates from.

Yes, but you can keep this symbiosis if you know the soil where plant originates from.

Not necessarily because the symbiosis can be depended of other living plants in the surrounding, so it can exist on living tree roots only. But I don't know.
We have it at some European orchids without green chlorophyll like Limodorum abortivum.

Yes it is, Tom. The leaves are poor of Chlorophyll but the direction of development is correct now. The leaves of that species seem to be long living, I mean some years

What I mean is that plant cells do not multiple and do not die.

Back