Cypripedium segawai

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
This year it has 8 growths and 6 flowers after 8 growths and no flowers last year.

Cypripedium%20segawai%20plant%2004-11-2018_zpsbb4qrhkj.jpg

Cyprepidium%20segawai%20flower%2004-11-2018_zpsickvf6l3.jpg

What's your culture? My Barry Phillips is blooming. Will hopefully post soon.

I grow it in 100% stalite n a clay pot. It is kept about 2 feet from a LED growlight in normal indoor temps (60-80F) when in growth. In the fridge from about November 15 to March 15. I give it Michigan State fertilizer at 125-150 ppm weekly when growing.

Can't wait for you posting.

Me hate you all! :mad:
Just kidding! :D Great growing. Can you show us how its potted and the rest of the plant please?

I grow it in 100% stalite n a clay pot. It is kept about 2 feet from a LED growlight in normal indoor temps (60-80F) when in growth. In the fridge from about November 15 to March 15. I give it Michigan State fertilizer at 125-150 ppm weekly when growing.

Wow, this plant has come a long way. Just awesome. I love the extra wide flower segments, a very uncommon trait in the plants I've seen of this species. You certainly have nailed growing Cyps inside.

Question - how is your lichiangense doing?

Thank you for asking. It is doing well. Last year it did not flower but formed two growths. I didn't know that it was a "clumper". This year it has just broken above the surface and both growths are present. Stay tuned for images...

Thank you for asking. It is doing well. Last year it did not flower but formed two growths. I didn't know that it was a "clumper". This year it has just broken above the surface and both growths are present. Stay tuned for images...

Wow, fantastic! You've got me excited now. You are the Cyp grower par excellance!

Latest posts

Back