Cypripedium segawai

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
Here is this year's flowering from this plant that I have had for many years. This is its fourth year flowering for me. Last year it had 4 flowers and this year it's up to 6. It is only 7 inches tall.

Cypripedium%20segawai%2003-19-2016_zpsiny0mocp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh boy. :drool:

Do you consider this easy? Need some culture advice please including vernalization advice.

Oh boy. :drool:

Do you consider this easy? Need some culture advice please including vernalization advice.

It seems to do well under my conditions (indoors). I grow in inorganic media in clay pots. I fertilize with a Michigan State-type fertilizer weekly when growing at a concentration of 150-200 ppm (more concentrated than Paphs. because Cyps. seem to be very "hungry"). I keep in typical indoor temps with an open window in the mid-west climate so that days are about 80-85F and nights about 60F. It gets bright light but no shade. The big difference between this an most other Cyps. is its long growing season. It grows for 8-9 months before I bag it in a ziplock bag and put in the fridge.

Congrats, very nice and carefully grown plant, one of my favourite. I lost almost all of my garden cyps 2 years ago because of very warm winter, there was +20C in Chritmas time. I took a pic about a spider who made his web in my garden, it was funny. My garden orchids begun to grow and many of them got rot. I placed them in fridge this winter and all of are survived without problem.I have to buy a bigger fridge this year.

Latest posts

Back