Cypripedium parviflorum var. parviflorum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
Here is this year's flowering of a plant that I have had since 2008. It now has 19 growths with 17 flowers: its best showing since I have owned it.

Cypripedium%20parviflorum%20var.%20parviflorum%20plant%2004-07-2015_zpsptfxq25y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If this is var parviflorum it's the southern small yellow ladyslipper which on average is much smaller than pubescens

Very nice, good job! :) where did you get it?

Ah! I thought I recognized that flower - that is seedling of a plant from central Connecticut called "Perakos Queen", named after our friend, Paul Perakos. Unfortunately the original plant is gone, so it is good to see one of its babies thriving.

Thank you for the information. I had no idea that its parent was "famous".

Thank you for sharing. I just started trying to grow Crypripedium this year. I use mostly perlite and some chicken grit and little granite chips, but I am so afraid to over water it. Do you think it is ok to water it every other day if I grow it in pot indoors? Will it be too wet?
Marcus

Very well grown. Congratulations on doing such a fine job of increasing this plant. It's amazing! So, all 3 ingredients of your mix are inorganic? What do you feed it?

Thank you for sharing. I just started trying to grow Crypripedium this year. I use mostly perlite and some chicken grit and little granite chips, but I am so afraid to over water it. Do you think it is ok to water it every other day if I grow it in pot indoors? Will it be too wet?
Marcus

I'm not sure. My mix is totally inorganic so the water retention ability of the mix is not great. I just have no experience with chicken grit. With a totally inorganic mix it's hard to over water by watering every other day.

Very well grown. Congratulations on doing such a fine job of increasing this plant. It's amazing! So, all 3 ingredients of your mix are inorganic? What do you feed it?

Yes, they are. I use a urea-free formula (Michigan State based) at 125-150 ppm mixed in distilled water. I fertilize weekly.

Latest posts

Back