Cypripedium parviflorum var. parviflorum comeback

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
Here is this year's effort form a plant that I have had since 2008. It was doing very well and then last year it had only 5 flowers. This year it's up to 11 flowers. Not quite where it was, but on the mend. I guess that we're all allowed to have bad years.

Cypripedium%20parviflorum%20var.%20parviflorum%20plant%2003-19-2017_zpsiu3r8zt0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cypripedium%20parviflorum%20var.%20parviflorum%20flower%2003-19-2017_zpsdf79qcfl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking awesome, as always. How are your lichiangense and segawai doing this year?

Thank you. The lichiangense seems fine. It has been taken out of the refrigerator but has not broken through the surface though the new growth looks healthy when I dig down to see it. The segawai now has 8 growths, an increase of two over last year, but no flowers. The growths look healthy so I assume that this is a vegetative year.

Maybe because the pot is small, but this seems tall? Is this because the lower light from being "forced"?

Could be but it seems healthy. The plant is taller than in previous seasons but it gets the same light as my cattleyas. I try to keep all of mine in the refrigerator as long as I can, but this one is usually the first to start growth so get it to the light as soon as it is 1 inch tall.

Latest posts

Back