Cypripedium parviflorum var. parviflorum comeback 2018

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
I have finally gotten my photsharing hosting service to work. It was out for several months and lost several of my images. I think that it's working well now. In any case here is this year's effort from one of my favorites. It's up to 23 flowers on 15 growths with 9 growths that have two flowers (one growth has no flower).

Cypripedium%20parviflorum%20var.%20parviflorum%20plant%2004-05-2018_zpsr8llixg8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Sorry, still can't see pictures. Are you growing in a greenhouse? I know from my field-service days that a few hundred miles south can make a difference of several weeks in the season progression, but the equivalent of our first or second week of May seems really early for these to be blooming.

Sorry, still can't see pictures. Are you growing in a greenhouse? I know from my field-service days that a few hundred miles south can make a difference of several weeks in the season progression, but the equivalent of our first or second week of May seems really early for these to be blooming.

I'm 100% indoors (no greenhouse, just a spare bedroom and a refrigerator in the winter).

It looks very happy. Well done!

How much light does it get (distance from the light, or fc or something)?

Also, when do you bring it out from and into the fridge?

It looks very happy. Well done!

How much light does it get (distance from the light, or fc or something)?

Also, when do you bring it out from and into the fridge?

I keep it about 2 feet from a LED grow light. It comes out of the fridge when it starts growth or on March 15, whichever is first. It goes into the fridge on October 15.

Supernice! What's it planted in? Temps? etc!???

It's in a combination of stalite and seramis. I give it normal indoor temps when in growth (60-80F) and in the fridge for 6 months (October to March). It is kept about 2 feet from an LED growlight and fed with Michigan State fertilizer at 125-150 ppm weekly when in active growth.

I keep it about 2 feet from a LED grow light. It comes out of the fridge when it starts growth or on March 15, whichever is first. It goes into the fridge on October 15.

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me which LED light? There are big variations, but if you know the model number or something, I can guess. Or can you tell me what other orchids are growing well at the similar light level? I used to grow them outside (morning direct sun), but it wasn't doing too well, so I switched to indoor last year. I'm not sure if it is getting enough light.

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me which LED light? There are big variations, but if you know the model number or something, I can guess. Or can you tell me what other orchids are growing well at the similar light level? I used to grow them outside (morning direct sun), but it wasn't doing too well, so I switched to indoor last year. I'm not sure if it is getting enough light.

Sure (assuming that it's not against the forum rules). I use Advanced LED Diamond series although I have not compared them to other manufacturers; I'm sure that others would work as well. I use 2 of their 100w units to cover a 2x4 foot space. They're on for 12 hours per day, but there is a west window in the room that gives longer hours of light in the Summer.

Thanks! I guess it is moderately strong intensity.

Yes, I would agree. The spectrum is not the same as natural day light so it's hard to give a numerical value to it. It is not comfortable to look at directly which leads me to call it intense.

How do you water it while it's in the refrigerator? I'm very interested in indoor growing for cyps!

Latest posts

Back