Cypripedium montanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seedlings from that mother plant sown in late summer 2010 from green seed capsules

5592240919_a7d5740d85_b.jpg

A good propagation rate by cloning of the seedlings ist also possible, like Timm Willem shows.
Meanwhile it seems there are no longer strange limitations for distribution of Cypripedium montanum over european gardens

6035964060_7b71d86c06_o.png

Begin of second season after deflasking. So, propagation of this species is not too complicated

6841431992_72b4272cc4_b.jpg

Congrats Berthold,
Hope mine will show up as well.

Did you have them inside or outside

Congrats Berthold,
Hope mine will show up as well.

Did you have them inside or outside

I have some inside in pots and some in the garden. The adult plant in the garden is coming again, the babies I don't see yet.

Had this year the first time seedling after flask out too.
Not this ones but others, so I hope they will show up again.

Hopeing for yours they have made it this would be one step foward.

A new plant from Canada, 5 years in my the garden now.
Last spring was to dry for flowering, but this year all is doing well again

47093641284_8de311be39_o.jpg

I had one for several years and then the crown was eaten by voles. I had bought it from a nursery near Montreal and it grew very well here in the Quebec City area.

018.JPG

Very well done. I too am working with this species in Oregon. My ultimate goal is to reestablish some lost populations in western Oregon. Based on historical records they were fairly widespread though probably not common. Now they are extremely rare in my part of the state.
Could you share what media you are using for your seed germination and seedling culture? Any tips on transferring from sterile culture to the real world would also be greatly appreciated.
Again, well done. Your results are to be applauded which I now do.

Latest posts

Back