Cypripedium lichiangense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
I had a request to post an image of this plant despite its lack of bloom. I have had it for about 5 years. The first 2 years it was only a only single growth plant without a bloom. In 2016, it had a single growth and a bloom (posted on this site). Last year and this year it produced two growths and no flowers. The double growth plants are bit smaller than the single growth flowering plant, but this year they are larger than last year when one of the two growths was much smaller than the other. I hope that it continues to grow because I miss the flower.

Cypripedium%20lichiangense%2005-23-2018_zpsmnz8esjn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It is great that you continue to grow this species successfully. I see that there is a bit of leaf rot in places it has contacted the growing medium - I saw the same thing in Dr. Holger Perner's plants in China. He said that he applied a bit of fungicide and it usually stopped the rot. Tough, tough species to grow, let alone flower. Congrats!

It is great that you continue to grow this species successfully. I see that there is a bit of leaf rot in places it has contacted the growing medium - I saw the same thing in Dr. Holger Perner's plants in China. He said that he applied a bit of fungicide and it usually stopped the rot. Tough, tough species to grow, let alone flower. Congrats!

Not sure that it's rot although I have treated it as such. This year, the climate here has been drier than usual for a few weeks and many of my plants show desiccated leaves that I am attributing to low humidity.

Funny, I had a bag full of those once. I hope they are doing OK where they finally went.

Big bag of what Eric? This species? They are nearly "impossible" to grow, that is why I'm floored this plant has done so well. Few people have long term success with this species, or any Cyps from section Trigonopedia. Even crosses with section Cypripedium have proven difficult to grow, and especially flower.

Latest posts

Back