Cypripedium fasciolatum x acaule

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was discussion of this cross recently. Here is a plant in bloom. I have several of these, all obtained from a wholesaler in Germany (HardyOrchid). I believe but do not know for sure that these plants originated in Belgium.

They are definitely hybrid. The flowers look like "spherical" acaule flowers (similar in general shape to fasciolatum). The plants are very fasciolatum-like with stems with multiple leaves. The leaves are broader than fasciolatum (like acaule) but have the thinner consistency of fasciolatum.

Each of the plants and their flowers are essentially identical to this one although this one has flowers that are a deeper red/pink than the others.

Ron

Attachments

• Cyp fasciolatum x acaule A SMALL.jpg
    Cyp fasciolatum x acaule A SMALL.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Cyp fasciolatum x acaule B SMALL.jpg
    Cyp fasciolatum x acaule B SMALL.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 23
  • Cyp fasciolatum x acaule habit SMALL.jpg
    Cyp fasciolatum x acaule habit SMALL.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 21
Very interesting Ron - not what you'd call a beauty, but neat. I wonder how easy it will be in culture. While you can see both parents in there, acaule really dominates the flower color and shape. Really different!

It will be interesting to follow garden hardiness. The plants I have were clearly raised in pots as the root mass is pot-shaped. They did well over the winter and shot up this spring.

Ron

Really nice one thanks for sharing,
mine are still sleeping.
I love this cross made it too 2 years ago.

Hope the plant I bought will flower this year too.

Had it in pot at -10C so should be for sure hardy.

Back