Cypripedium farreri -2017

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plant with the patterned leaves is a Trillium relative: Paris luquanensis. It is a good companion plant for cypripedium but can be just as awkward to grow.
Here is an image:

34969192286_f07dc59067_o_d.jpg

Thanks! I've never heard of this plant. Looks like its not commonly available on the east coast US (may be available in OR?). Only relative I could find is:
https://www.plantdelights.com/collections/plants-that-start-with-p/products/paris-polyphylla

Lovely leaves on that species. I only saw the much less beautiful P. polyphylla when in Sichuan. That is a lovely plant of C. lichiangense. What other species of Trigonopedia Cyps do you grow?

Many thanks!
I grow fargesii, lichiangense and have a single plant of sichuanense (acquired last year). These are all from cultivated stock (Christian Schreiner, Jan Moors, Hengduan Mtns Biotech). I have had fargesii and lichiangense since 2013, the latter has flowered every year but fargesii had a poor growing season last year so no flowers this year. Like others I find these to be difficult plants which have very specific requirements. I also have a single plant of micranthum (Sinopedilum) bought from a German source two years ago.

I can look out some images if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back