Cypripedium Emil

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are those buds doing Fren? Were you at the meeting today? Shawn Hillis came up with quite a selection of Cyps!

I think he was making sad sounds about having to study for an exam...they will probably turn to full-fledged sobs when he reads your post. :evil:

yup she's in bloom...and I couldn't bring it! I got stuck at the Cameron library :sob:
few days later:
DSCN0342.jpg

and this evening:
DSCN0491.jpg

Emil smells like jasmine. Much lighter than my pubescens outside. I wonder how much the petals elongate, or if they are done.

It's gorgeous! I bet you're excited. When it comes down to it, I think Cyps are probably my favs...it's just easy to forget about them because their season is so short!

I do wonder how low humidity can Cypripediums handle? Just because my windowsill will likely have lower humidity than my grow room

I think he was making sad sounds about having to study for an exam...they will probably turn to full-fledged sobs when he reads your post. :evil:
I thought I deleted that cuz I realized how stupid I sounded...and you read it lol.:rollhappy: Anyway back to studying, I have three more. My exams seem late this year, my brother is done all of his!

I do wonder how low humidity can Cypripediums handle? Just because my windowsill will likely have lower humidity than my grow room

I thought deleted that cuz I realized how stupid I sounded...and you read it lol. Anyway back to studying, I have three more. My exams seem late this year, my brother is done all of his!

Well I have read sources that say Cyps need high humidity...but think about how dry the air is outside here most of the time...in the 30-50% range during the day most of the time I bet, though higher at night and when it rains obviously. I never worry too much about it when I am growing inside and I've never had any problems.

I still have a couple exams left too :(. Almost over though!

Nice one Fren!
I just love the yellow, so bright, so cheerful :) It always make me happy to see a Cyp flower. :D

Cyp Emil

Here`s mine been in flower now for 2 weeks

Attachments

• PICT0366.JPG
    PICT0366.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 19
:drool:beautiful display mark! I see some stems holding two blooms. I do hope mine grows that big one day.
How wide is the pot? and do you know how many years you had it?

the petals did grow longer on mine.

Latest posts

Back