Cypripedium acaule info

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since when has any thread on this board stayed normal? Especially when Heather or Zach are involved. Just calling it like I see it.

Josh, you should be happy. You know Zach has made peace and is on the way to becoming your friend when he tells you that he wants to touch you inappropriately.

Sorry guys, I am going to have defend Heather while you all are on your love fest. Besides, I'm sure Heather can take you all; as a matter of fact, I believe redheads are known for 'eating men like air.'

Josh--Welcom to the Forum where if you ask for an opinion, someone will tell you exactly what is on their mind wihtout fear of being banned.

kentuckiense said:
Only with consent. Not by force.

Well, atleast that is a plus. :p Now if only Zach was female we would be getting someplace. :poke:

And in Bubba the love sponge fassion. I love you too in a non-gay way.
adiaphane said:
Sorry guys, I am going to have defend Heather while you all are on your love fest. Besides, I'm sure Heather can take you all; as a matter of fact, I believe redheads are known for 'eating men like air.'

Josh--Welcom to the Forum where if you ask for an opinion, someone will tell you exactly what is on their mind wihtout fear of being banned.

I can take someone giving me their opinion, I just didn't expect the opinion I recieved. :p

adiaphane said:

We wait till she goes to sleep to get our shots in. :D

adiaphane said:

That's right. Josh knows this though. He started the thread linking to the Orchid Source Forum. Let's see him try that on any other orchid message board. They would ban him. I wish they were more open about linking to our forum over there at Orchid Source. Just know that in the future Josh you may encounter people with opinions very different from your own, and unless they become abusive, are given every chance to speak their mind.

oh I have no hard feelings about it. I would expect nothing less, because believe me there will be a time when I come across a subject that I am just as passionate about.

I didn't realize the orchid source was like that. The only site I have had a problem with linking to other sites have been RV orchidworks. I stopped going there just about all together. since my warning about linking to other sites. I coulnd't even post my homepage there because I had links to terraforum and the orchid source. I have linked to threads from the orchid source at Terraforum all the time. As long as its not to a commercial site selling carnivorous plants I don't think they care. In fact terraforum is not afiliated with petflytrap anymore so I don't think it matters there anymore. They are a free entity.

PHRAG said:
Heather, ummmm. Heather is just wrong. :rollhappy:

Excuse me? I posed questions - how exactly is that wrong?

PHRAG said:
We wait till she goes to sleep to get our shots in. :D

This is all Brian's fault, he started the "Harsh on Heather Day" celebrations yesterday morning... shame on the rest of you people for not saying these things while I was awake. Cowards! :mad:

adiaphane said:

Thank you, Tien, the second time today too....at least someone around here knows what's what. :)

Just a note re: other forums...

In all fairness to OSF, I don't think they'd ban anyone over this but they've made it clear that linking, at least to other orchid forums - is not welcomed. I cannot put a link to my homepage or this forum (oh wait, same thing) without it being removed by someone without mention.

RVO though is totally ridiculous about this, IMO - you cannot even say you got something at Home Depot without the Home Depot reference being edited out. I think it is really overkill and I think they've lost a fair amount of traffic because of it. Garden web also will lock you out if you post too many links to other related web sites.

AOS is very tolerant of it, but who knows if anyone would actually see it over there? ;)

PHRAG said:
I am the king of the message board idiots.

Josh you need to take a look at some of the pictures our idiots post. Like the one of John in the kovachii suit and Tadd......ummm....I'll just let you figure that one out on your own. :poke:

Heather said:
Excuse me? I posed questions - how exactly is that wrong?

Oh, what you said wasn't wrong. I meant you are wrong just on principle.
You know we wouldn't pick on you if we didn't love you. :smitten:

After all that, now I double dare y'all to read John Tullock's book. Especially the chapter on ethics of collection and artificial propagation.

Heather said:
...This is all Brian's fault, he started the "Harsh on Heather Day" celebrations yesterday morning...

is it time to start again? i mean, good morning all. isn't this a lovely day to be alive and be friends with all the people on the earth?...yeh, that's it....

Ok I went to Lowes today to get some redwood mulch, pine needles and sand. The only thing I was able to find was sand. I got play sand, but the bag said it was 100% silica sand (quartz). Is this adiquate? I assume it is, since I was told to only used silica sand. Ok I am sure I can find pine needles, I just need to look in a different place. I don;t think I am going to find redwood mulch here.

I am affriad to try to use my soil ammended with anything, so I will be constructing a raised bed about 6 inchs deep. I will put a layer of weed block down then add some shredded pine needles, to help aid the decomposition of the needles. To this I was going to add the sand. Would a little peat moss for moisture retention and acidity be good? After mixxing that up I was going to spread the gallon of soil sent with the acaula plants that contains some fungus. I can see the microryzae filiments in the debris. Then I was going to plant the plants and cover with intact pine needles. How does this sound? The plants came in yesterday, and I was busy all day today. So I will definately be getting on it tomorrow evening. Thanks

JB, sounds OK to me. I guess we'll have to wait and see how your plants respond. We'll look for word next Spring. Oh and I think your last issue is light. I know you spoke of constructing something to shield the plants from the hot GA Summer sun. Make sure those plants aren't in full sunlight. Although I have seen acuale's growing in near full sun here in Virginia, they didn't seem to be doing so well, and were definitely not blooming. Baking those leaves in the sun will kill them faster than anything.

Yes I plan on constructing an awning of sorts over the bed to shield it from the sun. I was just going to use a piece of lattice os the sun rays move with the sun accross the bed.

Latest posts

Back