Cypripedium 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm sorry. Maybe you misunderstood me. I was asking the name of the plant because the names you listed I couldn't tell what went with what. So, could you give me the name of the plant in the picture I first sent you and asked about. Thanks
Secondly, I went to that website and it had 4 orchids on it and none had names and I couldn't find any other information as far as shipping to U.S. or not or where they are located or anything. If you know the folks that run that site you might ask them to give the public a little more information. They may get more sales that way. Thanks for your time.

Dear newbud,

the plant name is cypripedium parviflorum var. parviflorum . I'll ask for you if he send seedling to USA

Best Regards

I don't know. He may have you there Hakone. I did a google images search and got a lot of pictures and all the ones I saw had green leaves with purple dots in some variation or another. Some smaller spots of purple and some larger. I didn't see any leaves all purple with green spots. Could this be some ssp. or var.? You know I'm new and have no right to challenge but just trying to learn. And the flower is very unique too. Un Cyp-like but still a form of slipper, though extravagant. I can't wait to see your flower.

Dear Berthold and Newbud,

you are right , that's cypripedium lichiangense ssp. lichiangense

here is

Cypripedium margaritaceum ssp. margaritaceum

Photo Nr. 1

cypripedium margaritaceum ssp. fargesii

Photo Nr. 2

Here are seedling

Cypripedium margaritaceum ssp. sichuanense

Photo Nr. 3

cypripedium lichiangense ssp. lentiginosum

Photo Nr. 4

Last edited:
Dear Berthold and Newbud,

you are right , that's cypripedium lichiangense ssp. lichiangense

here is

Cypripedium margaritaceum ssp. margaritaceum

No, the lichiangense group has shiny leaves, the margaritaceum group has matt leaves.

No, the lichiangense group has shiny leaves, the margaritaceum group has matt leaves.

the same plant in 2011

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=301572#post301572

the lichiangnese flower stem is red , the margaritaceum flower stem is green

lichiangnese flower stem
http://www.google.de/imgres?q=cypri...0&ved=1t:429,r:22,s:54,i:237&biw=1280&bih=843

margaritaceum flower stem
http://www.google.de/imgres?q=cypri...=22&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0,i:96&biw=1280&bih=843

Can You please check Your link first and afterwards send Your post about Your Cypripedium "margaritaceum"?

a/-

Re: Cypripedium lichiangense
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 10:50:44 AM » in scottisch rock garden

shows lichiangense with matt leaves.

b/- answer # 149

is lichiangense . See answer # 152 ( Photo Nr. 1 , margaritaceum ) , flower stem is green

- the lichiangnese flower stem is red

- the margaritaceum flower stem is green

a/-

Re: Cypripedium lichiangense
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 10:50:44 AM » in scottisch rock garden

shows lichiangense with matt leaves.

No, there are only plants with shiny leaves. Plants with matt leaves are from margaritaceum group only.

Latest posts

Back