Cyp. reginae in VT.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I had the great fortune to tag along and visit a private property yesterday and saw an amazing selection of plants, but was mesmerized by the slippers of course!

A few images...if anyone wants more, let me know...
My apologies for the image quality - they are not the best but you can see the gist of it. All of the larger group photos are from different areas of the fen, not just one small place. There were thousands of showies in bloom, many more younger ones, and some just in bud.

img2351ti7.jpg

img2377cj2.jpg

img2374nq6.jpg

Thanks Heather, and they are beautiful. I need some!!!!
BTW, I'm with Eric on this one, if you want to go on "little dates", please...

What a beautiful garden!

Just to reiterate - this is NOT a garden - though I agree it is spectacularly beautiful - it is a native fen - NO cultivated plants here, all wild, and in need of preserving.

Another of our STF members is visiting tomorrow and has promised some more photos (hopefully better than mine!)

CNY Charles - yes, many others.
*Edit!

Just looked in Paul Martin Brown's book on natives and I think there were three varieties of Epipactis helleborine.
Also, he calls the white reginae var. albolabium which makes some sense I suppose but then again the book is from 1997.

Just to reiterate - this is NOT a garden - though I agree it is spectacularly beautiful - it is a native fen - NO cultivated plants here, all wild, and in need of preserving.
I know it's not a cultivated garden. But mother nature makes wonderful gardens, also. I should have qualified my statement.

Just looked in Paul Martin Brown's book on natives and I think there were three varieties of Epipactis helleborine.
Also, he calls the white reginae var. albolabium which makes some sense I suppose but then again the book is from 1997.

there were helleborine flowers open along with showies? :confused: usually they're a few weeks from now around here

Brown does make varieties of every possible plant and flower shape and/or color, am not sure if they are all correct taxonomically though I'm sure that if I tried to read somewhere about what is correct and when it is correct i'd probably get a large headache!

Latest posts

Back