Cyp pubescens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
My first Cyp to bloom ever....I'm thrilled! I got this from John M and kept it in the crisper of our fridge over the winter. As per John's instructions, I took the pot of 'dirt' out of the fridge on March 1 and put it in a south facing window in our cool breezeway. It's taken just over a month to grow and bloom. It also has a lovely floral/ citrus fragrance. I can't wait to try more! Thank you John!

Attachments

• DSCF3039.JPG
    DSCF3039.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 36
WooHoo! Well done Wendy...that's a beautiful blooming. I find this species multiplies much faster when grown in a pot and fed well while the foliage is still green. The plants in my garden get a once a year application of slow release fertilizer pellets; but, plants in pots get fed once a week with the same fertilizer that all my other orchids get. You should have at least 2; but, probably 3 stems on this next year. Nice fragrance, eh? I love that smell!

Last edited:
Very nice. It doesn't take long for the flower to jump up and open once you see green above ground

Was just thinking today I wish I was still in upstate where there's a big spread of these, along with twayblades and coralroots

Latest posts

Back