Cyp photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Here are a few photos from our annual trip to the Bruce Peninsula. Because of the warm winter and early spring, most of the native orchids were past prime or done blooming already! The Rams Heads were long gone....just dried flowers and fattening capsules on healthy leaves. I didn't even bother looking for the Calypso and could find nothing of the Striped Coral Root. I was thrilled to see that the Cyp reginae that blooms in full blazing sun along a roadside ditch is doing VERY well. It has started a small colony with several patches of seedlings around the mother plant. The Pitcher plants were doing exceptionally well this year too.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Old Smokey 2012 001.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 001.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Old Smokey 2012 003.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 003.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 18
  • Old Smokey 2012 005.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 005.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Old Smokey 2012 029.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 029.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Old Smokey 2012 030.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 030.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Old Smokey 2012 033.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 033.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Old Smokey 2012 037.JPG
    Old Smokey 2012 037.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
Here are a few photos from our annual trip to the Bruce Peninsula. Because of the warm winter and early spring, most of the native orchids were past prime or done blooming already! The Rams Heads were long gone....just dried flowers and fattening capsules on healthy leaves. I didn't even bother looking for the Calypso and could find nothing of the Striped Coral Root. I was thrilled to see that the Cyp reginae that blooms in full blazing sun along a roadside ditch is doing VERY well. It has started a small colony with several patches of seedlings around the mother plant. The Pitcher plants were doing exceptionally well this year too.

Enjoy!

hi Wendy

we were there earlier this week and there were still dozens of cyp parviflorum plus a good number of reginae still in flower. We found some lovely plants of the coralroot on Flowerpot Island. Masses of grass pinks and rose pogonia at Oliphant and Petrel Point. We caught the last cyp acaule just going past it in the Algonquin Park.

Back